by Chef Paola
There’s nothing more satifsying than taking a bite from a warm and crispy slice of bread with a fresh tomato salad and a hint of garlic, finished with the best Olio Piro. This recipe adds some twists to the classic tomato bruschetta.
2 slices of Country or Sourdough bread
1 pint cherry tomatoes (mix of red, orange, yellow)
1 tablespoon of capers
1 tablespoon of kalamata black olives
4/5 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced or chopped
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon Olio Piro.
A few drops of Bonini Stravecchio
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and mix with the finely diced shallot, capers, chopped kalamata olives and basil.
- Season the mixture with Piro olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread in the oven or in the toaster to reach a nice golden color.
- Rub the slices with the garlic clove and sprinkle with Piro olive oil.
- Add the tomatoes salad on top of the bread and garnish with some basil leaves.
- Sprinkle a few drops of Bonini Stravecchio on top
- Your bruschetta sicialiana is ready to serve!
Born and raised in Florence, Italy, chef Paola's culinary inspirations derive from the authentic tastes and flavors of her childhood.
Growing up around her family's olive oil factory in the beautiful Tuscan olive fields, chef Paola developed her passions early on for one of the world's most precious culinary commodities.
Follow Chef Paola at @bruschettabarmiami