Ramps with olive oil and lemon zest
This recipe for ramps with olive oil and lemon zest is a simple yet flavorful way to prepare ramps, a springtime vegetable that is prized for its delicate onion-like flavor. The ramps are quickly sautéed in olive oil until tender, then seasoned with salt and pepper. Finally, the bright and zesty flavor of lemon zest is added to give the dish a refreshing twist.
The quality of the olive oil is crucial in this recipe as it serves as the primary source of fat and flavor. Use Olio Piro to enhance the overall taste of the dish and allow the delicate flavors of the ramps and lemon zest to shine through.
- 1 bunch of ramps (about 8-10 stalks)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse the ramps thoroughly to remove any dirt or debris. Cut off the root ends and any wilted or damaged leaves.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ramps to the skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are wilted and tender.
- While the ramps are cooking, use a microplane or zester to grate the zest of one lemon.
- Season the ramps with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest over the ramps.
- Serve immediately as a side dish or as a topping for grilled meats, pasta, or rice.
Enjoy your delicious ramps with olive oil and lemon zest!