What is Extra Virgin Olive Oil ?
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a high-quality type of olive oil that is made from pure, cold-pressed olives. It is considered to be the highest grade of olive oil available and is prized for its fruity flavor, low acidity, and health benefits.
To be classified as Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the oil must meet specific standards set by regulatory agencies such as the International Olive Council. These standards include:
- The oil must be made from pure, cold-pressed olives.
- The acidity level of the oil must be below 0.8%.
- The oil must have a fruity, fresh aroma and flavor.
- The oil must not contain any additives or chemicals.
- The oil must pass a sensory evaluation by a trained panel of tasters.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is rich in healthy fats, antioxidants, and other beneficial nutrients, making it a popular choice for cooking, dressing salads, and adding flavor to a variety of dishes. It is also widely recognized for its potential health benefits, including improved heart health, reduced inflammation, and better brain function.