Summer Cheese Spread: Piro. on CBS's Great Day Live with Michael Landis
The summer entertaining is fast approaching along with the traditional kick off Memorial Day. Here’s a few simple and cheesy recipes to bring cool and refreshing bites for any occasion. All with the freshness of Piro.
I serve these with one of my favorite summer wines, the Chloe Pinot Grigio, a crisp and refreshing Italian wine that’s perfect for hot summer days.
- Michael Landis
Artichoke, Tomato and Vermont Creamery Goat Cheese Flatbread Bites
This flatbread appetizer is perfect when you need entertain in a hurry!
- 1 box of Brewer’s Sea Salt Flatbread Crackers
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons Thyme minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Piro.
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes thinly sliced and diced
- 8oz marinated artichoke hearts quartered and diced
- 4oz Vermont Creamery goat cheese crumbled
In a bowl combine garlic, thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper, marinade the chicken, then grill the chicken breast and shred. Drizzle with remaining olive oil mixture in a medium pan, warm up the mixture with the shredded chicken. Lay out Flatbread and spread on the goat cheese, add the tomatoes, artichokes and the chicken mix on top. Serve immediately.
More Summer Entertaining recipes by Michael Landis